Saturday, July 23, 2011

A 365 Day Object Manipulation/Flow Arts Visual Journal

So today marks the beginning of my 4th year spinning fire.  Throughout my life, I’ve always swayed back and forth on the scale of metaphysical/spiritual and scientific/technical; my two major passions being dance and science.  Nothing in life has encompassed both these passions like the performance art and science of object manipulation.
Ironically, in the years I have spent spinning, I have never once created my own video.  If there were ever any videos of my spinning, whether performance, jamming, flowing, or tech, it was thanks to the beautiful members of this community.  Photographs, as well, thanks to the eyes of others, but never through my own.  I believe it is time to change this. But instead of focusing on just myself, I want to share with the world how much object manipulation and flow arts has changed and impacted my life by also focusing on the inspiration that has guided me to who I am today.
A dear friend of mine from elementary/high school started Project: 365.  About 4-5 months ago, Lauren Calcagni decided to record a visual diary of her life as viewed by her.  Some days exciting, some days average, some days sad, her project:  completely inspiring.  Lauren had mentioned once in a message that she hoped to inspire people with her project to do the same.  I have decided to take on her project, but take it on a different plane.  I am starting Project: O.365.M.
Over the next year, a lot of changes will be happening in my life and the lives around me in this community.  There are a lot of amazing projects happening in Philadelphia and the mid-Atlantic region, which will show more potently as the year goes on.  There will be European and other foreign travels, by Mikie & I, to other festivals as well as our home grown ones.  There will be Burning Man, there will be spin jams, there will be______(insert here). Hell this may even end up part of a video project for school…
Thanks to this inspiration I will be posting a daily visual diary, complete with photographs, videos, & notes, of all things object manipulation/flow arts that come my way.  Some days may just be photographs, some days video, some days both, regardless, each day will be captured.  Many of you reading this will most likely be a part of this project one way or another.  Simply put, this is a time capsule of beauty, transition, frustration, astonishment, accomplishment, and thanks to everyone who has made the past 3 years of my life as beautiful and as meaningful a life can be.  The full journal will be kept on Tumblr: Jexime, and uploaded to my youTube account: fantripetalMotion.  I love you all.  Thank you. ^_^  To be continued in the most random and serendipitous of ways…and as always, your thoughts, comments, outlandish outbursts, and vulgar profanity are always appreciated greatly. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment