Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Entry #3: Personal Evoltuion 7.26.11

**This entry is from 7.26.11; due to technical difficulties, I was not able to actively post last night.  There will be another entry this evening for the 7.27.11 entry.

Over 20 years ago now, as a young dancer/athlete, I was very much intrigued by martial arts.  Although not a strong fighter, I fell very much in love with the aspect of dancing with props.  So much more than just an accessory, these props conveyed a serious meaning and connection to the culture.  At first, my love was in Korean fan dancing.  The unity of the dancers, the formations, the bright, luminous colors of the fans were the ingredients to my version of performance art perfection.  The stories of nature, fantastical creatures, battles, and love; a living fairy tale that a small ballerina found solstice in from every day life.  Having since evolved to becoming a fire fan dancer, I have noticed elements of simplicity and fairy tales peak a boo into my art.  And every so often, the little girl fluttering around with pink fans, comes out and dares to play with fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment