Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Entry #10: Back to Basics--Original Inspiration

 
In the midst of the roller coaster that is life, we sometimes forget the origins of who we are today.  Throughout my life, I have tried to keep a positive outlook despite the state I was in.  Sometimes I was successful, most times I wasn't.  Most people would never have guessed, most people still won't.  The bottom line is, no matter who you are, where you are, what you have or haven't accomplished, you still possess a condition called "human".  And with this condition comes a plethora of emotions; a good portion of which we could momentarily live without.  During these darker times, I have taught myself to revert "back to basics".  To pay homage to those who have inspired me to take certain leaps and challenges; who were my first window to the object manipulation world.  To give credit to those who have pulled me into other worlds of emotion, whether they know it or not.  It is through this acknowledgment I feel a shift and with time, am lifted back to a better state.
Tonight, I want to give my love to a few within the object manipulation community, whom through their talent and spirit, and with that turned friendship, have helped me see better days.  Grimm Zimmer, Aileen Lawlor, Noel Yee, Greg Maldonado, Rovo, Thom Thumb, Memory, Mikie, & Alien John:  Thank you for being some of the most beautifully inspirational performers I have ever known.




                 

No comments:

Post a Comment