Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Entry #21: Jex=levelUp [3->4] Juggling 4 Rings FTW...8.13.11

Juggling has always been, to me, the most meditative and clearing of all prop manipulation.  It is the only time when my mind is forced to stay clear and focus on nothing but the matter and skill at hand.  There is nothing but myself and the prop I am juggling.  For if one does loose focus, one does run the risk of loosing teeth.

Thanks to this personal fact...EPIC  WIN!  Without thinking much about it, I was able to level up from 3 to 4 rings.  I had never considered the fact that my meditative practice would drastically improve my skill.  Yes, it is obvious to most this would be the case, but most of my time and efforts have been going into poi, clubs, and fans.  My rings, well, I just never consciously thought about it.  Whenever I wanted to learn a new trick, I just did it.  It just made sense, no need to dissect it, or obsess over it, it just happened.  Whenever I was frustrated with other props, I would pick up my rings and just play. Tonight, 4 rings just happen to bounce from my hands to the air in a most fluid of motions.  Satisfaction at it's finest.  Perhaps also with this, a deeper lesson in how practice should always be perceived...as a meditative flow, not as a burden as it can sometimes be.  These moments get me into trains of thought as to our motivation for taking up such arts...I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am for my partner poi practice with Mikie on Monday night.  Gotta love random inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment