Saturday, August 6, 2011

Entry#12: A Bit About Keeping Your Balance...8.04.12

When I was younger, I never would have thought I'd find it easier to balance a hoop on my chin than it is to balance my life.  When completely immersed in something we are so passionate about, we tend to want to explore every aspect, every possibility that can emerge.  From putting together large shows, to focusing on smaller troupes, to daily practices and personal study, we all of a sudden start to spread ourselves too thin.  Today I had a conversation with my dear friend Baz who said it best.  I messaged him, asking him about life, when he would be making his way down south to visit.  The conversation when sort of like this... He replied "I'm in involved in something called 'over commitment', have you heard of it?"  I laughed and replied, "I think I may have, is this a new genre of music?"  He replied "Yes.  It's the sound of when one is bashing ones head against a brick wall."  "Yes," I said. "That is song plays in my life at least 12 times a year.  I guess it's not so knew after all"  After this, I went through my project book and narrowed my focus points as best I could.  Here's a toast to a solid 4 hours of sleep a night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment